What can a blog do for your website’s SEO?
How should you strategize using a blog for your website’s SEO?
Good questions, right?
For your website to organically rank high in search engines, your site needs to be ‘popular,’ but what does that mean?
The true formula for search engine scores are not publicly available and the search engines often fine tune and change things, but if you work on the following three critical elements for SEO, you will have a ‘popular’ site, meaning it ranks well in searches:
1) Your site has high traffic.
2) Many websites (preferably high-traffic ones) mention and link to your website address.
3) You update your site on a regular basis.
Although being mobile-friendly is also key to your website’s success in Google, it’s more important you focus on the three important elements mentioned above. If you genuinely want to be recognized and rank high in search engines, you need work hard towards it.
Here’s how a blog can help make your site popular:
- You will (should) update your blog on regular basis with new articles - meets #3.
- As you continue and provide good content, visitors will start to share your blogs - meets #2.
- As people share your blogs, you will have more people recognize you for your expert opinions or stories, and therefore you will have more visits to your blog - meets #1.
You simply need to figure out what stories or expertise you would like to share with others, and make sure to include relevant keywords that get searched by users.