image source: pixabay.com
I have to admit, I hate reading long articles or wordy manuals. I just don’t have the time. So, what do I do? I go in search of a video that will show me the same information. It’s usually a condensed, more visually appealing way to get the information I want, and therefore I retain the information more easily.
There are many stats that show the rising popularity of online videos, which we’ll cover below. Some research indicates videos account for three-fourths of all internet traffic. More than half of us are searching online for videos.
What does this mean for your business? It’s important to think critically about how you can include video into your online marketing efforts. Let’s cover some basics this month, to get you started. Here are some stats you may find interesting:
- YouTube has over a billion users.
- 8 billion video views from 500 million Facebook users occur on average daily.
- In the US, on average, people will watch 1 hour worth of video on digital devices daily.
- About half of the videos are 2 minutes or less.
- Most common topics are how-tos, testimonials, demos, and explanations.
- More than three-fourths of viewers will finish an entire video.
No matter the size of your business, it's worth your while to include video into your online marketing strategy if you want to get more traffic. Thanks to more readily available tools, they can be produced at a reasonable to no cost. Like any other online content, however, it will take your time and effort, and creativity, to be successful.