Recipe for a 5-inch mini skillet:
- 40g (one serving) rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1 over-ripe banana (about 90g to 100g)
- 1.5 to 2 TB of peanut butter
- 1 to 2 TB water or milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- butter for greasing the skillet
- Set the oven to 300 degrees
- Add the egg, vanilla, water, half the banana, and 1 or more tablespoon of peanut butter together in a bowl. Blend together with an immersion blender, hand mixer, or whisk.
- Combine the oatmeal, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Once both wet and dry materials are prepared, pour the dry oatmeal mix into the wet egg and banana-peanut butter mix and stir to combine.
- Melt some butter in the mini skillet and swirl it around to help prevent the oatmeal from sticking during baking.
- Pour the oatmeal mix into the mini skillet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Top with remaining banana and peanut butter and serve warm.