1. From your Hootsuite dashboard click on the “New Post” button located in the top-right corner.
2. Click on the drop-down menu labeled “Select social networks…” to choose which social media accounts you want to publish to.
3. After you chosen which accounts to post to, enter you text in the text box located below.
4. Add mentions using the @ symbol followed by the username or page name.
5. Add emojis by clicking on the smile icon in the bottom left corner.
6. Copy and paste any links you want to add into the text box. At the bottom of the text box you’ll see an option for shortening any links using Ow.ly.
7. Add images to your post by both dragging and dropping them or by clicking on “Open Media Library” to search for free images or gifs.
8. Add videos to your post by dragging and dropping them into the drag & drop area.
9. Add your location with Geo-tag.
10. In the bottom-right corner you can either post immediately or you can schedule for later by choosing a time and date in the future.
Also see: https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/204598140-Quick-start-guide