In Japan, you often hear that “Participation is more important than winning” in various activities. Especially in an event like the Olympics, people are taught to do their best whether they win or not. With children’s activities in Japan, such as physical education, they do not measure who won and who lost. They are all cheered for participating. I guess this is to teach children there is no loser when you participate.
Bullshit - life is not fair. There are always winners and losers and a whole bunch of people in the middle. Telling people it is not necessary to win means you are asking people to not try to be better. Unfortunately, life is not that fair. Even if you try your best, there is no guarantee that you will somehow come out ahead. It just gives you a better chance.
As the economy stands now, the bar is rising. That means what you thought you have done well is no longer good enough. You must do better each and every day just to stay even. Simply participating is not enough. If you cannot motivate yourself from defeat, you cannot be a winner. The difference between the ordinary and extraordinary is that extraordinary people have tried and failed more than ordinary people ever try.
Pacific Software Publishing, Inc.
If you have a comment, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
9 Years Ago Today
March 11, 2011 ... The Great Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami happened. That is 9 years ago today. almost 20,000 people perished on that day. That was the beginning of the formation of PSP Children's Foundation.
(1) It is a virus (regardless of where it started) not a group of people or a race.
(2) No need to panic. If I contract the virus, I will try my best to get better. Also I will do my best not to spread the virus.
(3) If someone I know gets infected, I will wish him/her well. And I will stay a away. Sorry.
(4) I will not use this situation to profit or make money. Have N95 mask for $95.00 ... Just kidding.
(5) I will not trust everything I hear from Internet, Media and Politicians. President Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you hear on Internet."
(6) If I can help someone in need, I will do my best without risking my own health. If I get sick, I cannot help anyone.
(7) I will not spread any rumor. I will not bad mouth anyone who gets infected. I will not scream "Fire" in the crowded theater.
(8) If I die from the virus ... I am dead ... I suffer no more. Nobody lives forever.
(9) This is not the end of the world. If it is, there is nothing I can do anyway. So why worry?
Can you add anything?
This is the number of people die every year.
That is over 38,000 people die every day.
Coronavirus killed abut 4,000 in last 3 months.
That is about 45 people everyday.
Coronavirus is a tragedy but number does not justify the panic behavior.
Let's be healthy and wash hands, stay away from unnecessary gathering.
The move is complete but I do not know how I put all those stuffs ...
It will take days.
China has the most cases and most deaths ... but the problem is I do not believe the number they are saying.
AT PSPinc, we have announced following policy.
Nobody was wearing mask. I am so proud of people in the group not panicking at all.